Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- Defending the Doctrine of Creation: The Bible makes it very clear that all life on Earth was created by God. The existence of living things is thus part of the general revelation outlined by St. Paul in Romans 1. As we continue to probe the mysteries of life, we discover that it’s vastly more complex and more wonderful than we could’ve ever imagined An endless regress established by the Living God. An overwhelming body of evidence is now available for any reasonable person to critically appraise, which clearly shows that Darwinian evolution is not only demonstrably false but is, in the broadest sense of the term, an evil ideology. Once you believe that you’re an evolved animal, you start behaving like one and start treating other human beings like animals. Claiming that humans, or any other life forms evolved is not only delusional, it’s also blasphemy. I would personally question any pastor that honours or capitulates to the “monkey religion.” Best to stay well clear of it.
- Defending the Rights of the Unborn: Human life begins at conception; that’s what modern science has established and what the Bible consistently teaches. Killing a human life in utero, apart from a few exceptional medical circumstances, is murder, plain and simple.
- Defending the Traditional Family: Both the Old and New Testaments affirm God’s desire for humans to maintain strong, traditional family units. Contrary to what you’ve heard in recent times, there’s only two genders (the other 98 are aberrations of sick, delusional minds). Sex was created by God to be enjoyed only within marriage and only between a man and a woman. God condemns all homosexual acts, declaring them to be “abominations,” or in some other translations, “detestable acts.” The LGBTQ juggernaut has many characteristics in common with the Nazi movement of the early 1930s; bullying society to accept it as “good” and “normal”, when it is actually neither. And this is not a matter of personal choice – these are God’s morals, not our own. Transgenderism should also be called out for what it is: a mental disorder. It’s impossible to change sex. Neither should we capitulate to affirming their delusional mindset. The campaign for deviant sex wishes to destroy what God intended for humans. Christians should never succumb to pressure to normalise what God clearly considers evil and/or depraved. Moreover, our Creator tells us that all who are complicit with any aspect of the LGBTQ movement are equally guilty(Romans 1:32).
- Rejecting Universalism: The notion that all religions lead to God is commonly believed in our era, even by some who profess themselves Christian. But that’s not what the Bible teaches. Christ plainly stated that there is only one way to God(John14:6) and that He is “the door(John 10:7).” Christian doctrine divides; it’s exclusive and uncompromising, the way it was intended to be!
- Defending the Dignity of Human Life: The Bible teaches that all humans are made in God’s image and likeness and thus have great intrinsic value. It condemns all kinds of racism and the exploitation of one people group by another(including human trafficking and slavery). Replacement theology – Martin Luther’s moral error – the notion that the Church has replaced Israel, is not only un-Biblical, it also fans the flames of antisemitism- an irrational hatred of the Jews – that’s so prevalent in our societies today.
- The Inerrancy of Scripture: Christians should hold the Bible as their gold standard. Its timeless wisdom shows us how to live, what to accept and what to reject. It’s not to be taken out of context and twisted to suit a particular agenda. Regular reading of the words of Scripture keeps you focused on what’s important and what’s not, even if wider society does not follow in the way. Just because society deems something as good, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is right in God’s eyes. We are called to test the spirits to see whether they are or are not from God, and we are required to distance ourselves from any teacher that preaches a false gospel.
- The Importance of Bible Prophecy: Many so-called ‘liberal’ Christians, and those belonging to most mainstream denominations, pay no attention to Bible prophecy. That is a grave mistake, as about 25 per cent of the Bible deals with prophecy. For example, all of the prophecies concerning Christ’s birth, ministry, triumphal entry into Jerusalem and suffering at the hands of Roman overlords were predicted with 100 per cent accuracy centuries before His birth, and Christ Himself fulfilled a whole string of other prophecies during his missionary years. Ignoring Bible prophecy is like trying to ride a bicycle without wheels. God clearly intends us to know some of the details of the future so that we can watch for the signs of His second coming. Ignoring such prophecies may well catch you off guard.
- Man’s Fallen Nature: The Bible teaches that humans were originally created to live harmoniously with God eternally, but after the fall in the Garden of Eden, man’s nature always goes from bad to worse without God being in the driving seat. This is counter to what humanists(their manifesto holds that we evolved and so are nothing more than smart animals) believe. When mankind turns its back on God, the invariable result is moral decay and ever increasing depravity. That’s why we live in a world that is clearly going from bad to worse and this trend is destined to continue until the Sovereign Lord pulls the plug.
- The Divinity of Christ The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ is the second member of the trinity(Father, Son & Holy Spirit). During His earthly ministry, Jesus demonstrated his equality with God the Father by His absolute submission to God’s will, as well as through His miracles and moral teachings. Liberal scholars want us to unhinge the person of Christ from any divine claim. We must constantly resist any suggestion that Christ was merely a good man or just a good teacher. God gave one third of Himself to humanity in the personage of Jesus Christ. He is to be worshipped and revered for all eternity.
- The Importance of Sharing your Faith: Jesus taught us to share our faith and to pronounce the good news of His coming to the ends of the earth. Recall the parable of the talents recorded in Matthew 25 (and echoed in Luke 19), where Jesus told of the foolish steward who received a talent from his master, but instead of investing it to make more, buried it in the ground, where it remained until his disapproving master returned. There is no such thing as having a ‘quiet faith.’ We are required to actively share our faith with others when any opportunity presents itself. Don’t bury the talent the Lord has given you! Do something with it! Win souls for Christ!
Dr Neil English is the author of seven books in amateur and professional astronomy, including a large historical work, Chronicling the Golden Age of Astronomy, showcasing how the Christian faith was never a hindrance but actually instrumental to the development of astronomical science. His new book on binoculars will be published in 2023.